IEI is the research center of School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo.
Under Dean’s leadership, we are improving fundamental research infrastructures and
we are running challenging projects which include corporate sponsored
research programs and early-career researcher training programs.
Department of Strategic Studies
exploring new research fields and supporting qualified early-career researchers.
Department of Project
Cross-cutting development of social cooperation and the Graduate School of Engineering
Department of Research Infrastructure
Conduct research and development based on common fundamental technologies
Find a research group
- Advanced electron microscopy
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Crystal interface science
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Electron microscopy
- Electron microscopy and materials science
- Hydrometeorological disaster prediction
- Interface property
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nanoparticles for medical use
- model-data integration